NMCO 2016-2017 Season Preview
2016-2017 Season Preview
- Mark O’Connor's groundbreaking early masterwork, The Fiddle Concerto, featuring NMCO concertmaster and fiddle champion Colyn Fischer
- Frieman: When September Ends: Concert Variations on a Theme of Billy Joe Armstrong (premiere),
plus a memorial tribute to Prince Rogers Nelson featuring Prince's landmark hit "1999"
- Jazz for orchestra, featuring Don Pender's 1991 haunting "Something to Live For"
- Brahms: Symphony No. 2 in D
- OutBach® + NMCO: Australian pianist and producer Donna Coleman plays Bach's Concerto in D Minor
- Composer=Woman: a showcase of compositions by female composers, including commissioned work and repertoire from the modern era and earlier centuries
- Colyn Fischer leads NMCO 's strings in Vivaldi's "Spring" concerto from I Quattro Stagioni as we celebrate Springtime with glorious music of the new season
- Music of Latin America, including a concerto with one of the world's rising stars of the guitar world,
- Plus Ginastera's chamber-orchestra masterpiece Variaciones Concertantes and much more